The City of Fort Collins Streets Department is seeking a skilled Administration Supervisor to join our leadership team! This is a full-time, benefited position with an anticipated salary range of $67,000 -$72,000 and will report to the Streets Director. The Administration Supervisor will oversee customer facing front desk operations, special event planning, public outreach communications and campaigns, office management, financial functions, hiring and personnel functions. The incumbent in this role will manage a team of two to four people and perform the functions of employees as needed. Standard working hours are Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm, with occasional work time outside normal business hours required. This position is eligible for overtime and may be hybrid, currently allowing up to 1 day a week of remote work. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has passion for communication and customer service, the organizational skills needed to manage multiple projects and priorities, and a desire to be part of the daily operations of local government!
MINIMUM/PREFERRED EDUCATION LEVELMinimum High school graduation or general education degree (GED)Preferred College or technical school courses in business, human resources, or related field
- Two to three years of related experience including supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they can perform every job description task. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may come from a less traditional background. The City may consider an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education, and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
The content in this posting was created for recruitment purposes. To view the full job description click the link below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Oversees front desk operations, office management functions and associated staff.
- May be responsible for various financial or budget functions that may include petty cash management, monitoring/tracking revenues, formulating and drafting department budget, accounts payable/receivable, payroll actions, monitoring/reviewing financial reports or timesheet processing.
- May perform the functions of the employees supervised.
- Participate as part of the department's management team.
- May initiate changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Recommends or develops policies or procedures that promote customer service.
- Prepare customer communication documentation and other written responses to questions, requests, and complaints.
- May perform research and implement actions by referencing and interpreting city and department policies, procedures, codes and regulations in response to internal and external customer requests.
- Special event planning for meetings, employee events, community meetings, etc.
- Performs word processing, data entry, and may maintain databases and/or spreadsheets.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations which requires advanced skills.
- Performs quality control functions of external publicity including social media and press releases.
- Coordinate hiring functions such as drug test forms, background checks, and other hiring documentation or other department personnel functions.
- Provide administrative support to managers and other technical staff as needed.
- May act as staff liaison for the department.
- Demonstrated cultural competence to effectively interact, work, and develop meaningful relationships with people of diverse identities, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong learning orientation. Leverages all resources and is creative in ways of learning for self to continue adapting to changing issues and trends.
- A desire and ability to understand the diverse needs of internal and external customers, and to create experiences and deliver services that exceed their expectations.
- A desire and ability to utilize digital tools for organizational information, individual, and teamwork.
- Experience building teams and implementing practices to lead others well in an inclusive, high-performance organization. Skill in integrating and synthesizing others’ viewpoints to build alignment of diverse perspectives to achieve results.
- Capable of creating conditions of emotional safety and demonstrates self-awareness and regulation in responding to others.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Advanced math and accounting skills; working knowledge of basic budget and accounting functions.
- Ability to use finance and accounting, word processing, database, presentation and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of general office equipment operations.
- Data entry and ten key adding machine skills.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal and City laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain high level of customer service.
- Ability to organize multiple priorities.
- Thorough knowledge of department processes and procedures.
- Ability to explain office procedures and department projects to customers.